Sustainability at Home
We compiled a list of realistic ways you can achieve sustainability in your daily life.
Reduce Your Water Use
- Fun fact: you don’t need to leave the water running while you are washing your face or brushing your teeth. It’s good practice to turn the faucet off when you are not using it. Other ways you can be mindful of the water you use, is reducing the number of times you do laundry and doing laundry in cold water.
Say Yes to Reusable Items
- It might take some getting used to, but bringing your reusable shopping bags, coffee cups, water bottles and snack bags make a huge difference in reducing single-use plastics and waste. These steps will also save you some money, who doesn’t love that?
Eat & Drink Sustainably
- Eat your greens! Eating more fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds are not only good for you but great for the planet as well as they have relatively small greenhouse gas and carbon footprint.
- Grow your food. It doesn’t get more locally grown than your own home. Even if you live in a small apartment, there are small container gardens available for purchase. This allows you to know exactly where your food came from and reduces packaging waste.
- Support Sustainable Food & Drink Brands. It is always good to know who and what you are supporting. Opt for sustainable and ethical brands. Earthgrown™ makes it easy to drink sustainably.
Conserve Energy at Home
- There are many simple steps you can take to conserve energy like turning off lights when you leave, adjusting your thermostat, and switching to LED lightbulbs. These changes may seem slight, but they significantly reduce residential energy consumption which accounts for 20% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the US.
We’re here to support you in this journey. Remember friends, it’s not a sprint, it’s long-term sustainability.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook to learn more about everyday sustainability efforts!